To dummy or not to dummy....

I have worked in childcare for 5 years now, and after seeing the problems dummies have caused from poorly developed teeth and speech, to the mega tantrums I always believed dummies were a no go...Fast forward to day 3 of having Ellyna home, I felt like I hadn't slept for 3 years let alone 3 days and all Ellyna wanted was to suck, suck me dry it felt like, my partner was at the end of his tether too. Then as if a light bulb had switched on a remembered a dummy we had got in a pack of new born bottles. We thought this would be our saviour and sterilised it without even thinking before we knew it the dummy was in Ellyna's mouth! Now when I think back I don't feel guilty or like I've let myself down. WE had tried without, now it was time with!

At the time I would have said unfortunately, now I say fortunately.

Fortunately Ellyna didn't take to the dummy. The only way we could keep it in was by holding it in, one time I did this for three hours just to get some peace and time away from breast feeding. But still she just would not take to it, maybe we had the wrong dummies or maybe she had been listening for those long 9 months and knew it was never really meant to be. Now I feel alot less righteous about dummies and if they work for you go ahead use them, take the peace and quiet while you can and if anyone says anything ignore them your the one who has to live with the little darling. But remember by 1 they don't really need it, so chuck it away around this time it'll save alot less hassle in the future :)

Here's some links to help you decide where you fall with the dummy debate -





Play thousands of free seasonal and holiday games at SeasonalGames.net
0 Responses