Labour


No labour is ever the same I found this out after hearing and reading about so many. I trawled the internet looking at "signs of labour" and "how to tell the baby is coming" and everyone had lots of advice. But looking back there were no signs Ellyna was coming, I just woke one Saturday morning and she decided she was on her way.

By mid day my contractions were 20 mins apart, I had a false start a week before and thought it was this again, so I carried on cleaning the house thinking it would soon stop (big regret should have slept while I could). By 5pm my contractions were 10 mins apart, I remember having tea sat with my family and having to take a breather every 10 mins, it wasn't so much painful just took my breath away.

By 8.30pm we were on our way to the hospital, my contractions were 5 mins apart, and I thought quite painful (how naive hehe) We got to the hospital me, my partner and mother in law ready for action and it all stopped, after all that time she stopped!! I couldn't believe it, and felt like a liar, so home we all went and off to bed. As soon as my head hit that pillow the pain kicked in!! I tried to ignore it, thinking once again she was teasing me making me look the fool!

By 12.30 I'd had enough and needed that gas and air right now, so back to the hospital we went, with me grunting and my OH complaining about food, we had lots of snacks but he just couldn't decide when to eat them!!!! I lasted another 2 hours without anything, but with the contractions 2 mins apart I'd had enough and they brought the wonder that is gas and air. Now I can not stress how good it was for me, some people complain about sickness and it not helping but for me I felt like a horny little teenager, for 20 minutes all that pain had gone and I was happy nothing else mattered in the world, the contractions were a dull nudge and I was flying high.

That's it 20 minutes! That's all it gave me, I came crashing to earth when I forgot to breath it in and got a full contraction with nothing, WOW it all becomes blurry at this point but the few things I remember are the hatred I felt towards the midwife who kept turning me over, I've never felt hate like it. The feel of my waters breaking yuk! The tiredness, I became so tried I was sleeping in-between contractions just to get some strength back. The feeling of giving birth to Ellyna and the placenta, wet fish is all I can say!

Once she arrived all the pain stopped completely and I remember these long arms and legs coming towards me, then that beautiful face. I had never felt so many emotions in my life but most of all I felt proud, proud of us creating this beautiful baby and proud of Ellyna for just being, proud to be holding her close to me and proud to say I was her mummy.


Play thousands of free seasonal and holiday games at SeasonalGames.net
0 Responses