Breastfeeding

Luckily my family all supported me when it came to breastfeeding and never made me feel uncomfortable about it. With Ellyna it felt natural and I was one of the very lucky ones who had no problems with it. However because of this I started to create problems for myself, thinking she wasn't getting enough milk and wasn't satisfied. In reality she was, she was growing well and was a very content baby, but I started adding a bottle in before bed, then for tea and now she is mainly bottle fed. I still manage at least one breast feed a day, which we both love she gets comfort and I get 5 minutes to relax with my beautiful baby girl.

For me breast feeding is a must, its sooooo much easier than bottles, quick, convenient, great for baby inside and out, and for me it always gave me this really relaxed sensation like that first drink after a long, hard day or a much needed bubble bath. It makes me sad to see people give up because of their own hang ups, having a baby has always meant for me giving up my life for my children. I know I'll get it back in a few years but for now saggy boobs, stretch marks, big bum, I'll take it all for a happy content child. So if your unsure give it a go, if you get a well fitted bra while pregnant your boobs will be fine! But to be honest that's what having a baby does, it changes your body for better or worst sometimes!

My must for breast feeding, one of those pillows that wrap round you, some lansinoh cream - this is great when you first start out and if you have any problems as time goes on. Snacks and a drink of water, its crazy you get so thirsty when you breastfeed, so make sure you have a bottle of water handy or someone who can get you one!

Most of all relax its easy to say but as soon as you relax the baby will too :) I'll never forget those first few days of breastfeeding feeling like it was wrong all the time, if you feel like this don't be afraid to ask someone to help just get them to watch and give you hand if you need it. Its easy to sit here thinking of lots of tips but the best tip I can give is practice, that's all the first few days are, and with practice you'll get it. If you feel its just not for you then don;t worry you'll have just as much fun bottle feeding, well apart from preparing the bottles but just get someone else to do that!!!


Play thousands of free seasonal and holiday games at SeasonalGames.net
0 Responses